Anyone who frequently takes antihistamines You should read this article before eating it next time.
What is an antihistamine?
Many people take antihistamines to take when they have symptoms of itchy throat, stuffy nose, runny nose, sneezing, rash, etc. Dr. Suksiri Sirisawangwat The doctor at the Children’s Health Center at Phyathai 1 Hospital stated that antihistamines are generally divided into two main types: tablets, suitable for older children and adults; and syrup type Suitable for young children from 2 years old.
Antihistamines are suitable for taking to reduce mild allergic symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, stuffy nose, and clear mucus from allergies to air, dust, pollen, or animal fur, as well as hives and itchy rashes caused by food allergies, etc.
Properties of antihistamines
- Relieve symptoms of runny nose, coughing, and sneezing from air allergies, such as chlorpheniramine. (Chlorpheniramine) Brompheniramine (Brompheniramine)
- Relieve symptoms of rashes, itching and hives, such as hydroxizine. (Hydroxyzine)
- Helps reduce mucus, making mucus dry. Therefore, it is often eaten when having the flu or runny nose.
Precautions for taking antihistamines
Dr. Suksiri and Asst. Prof. Dr. Terdphong Temphak, Chulalongkorn Hospital, Thai Red Cross Society, indicate the precautions for using antihistamines. or nasal decongestant medicine as follows
- The amount of antihistamines to take depends on the drug. The amount of each type of drug is different. You should take medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Or consult a drug store with a pharmacist.
- In the case of having congenital diseases such as liver disease, kidney disease, heart disease or having medicines that are taken regularly. Antihistamines can affect drug levels in the blood. and can cause side effects
- certain antihistamines Side effects may include dry mouth, dry nose, difficulty urinating, and drowsiness. Therefore, avoid driving or working in front of machinery. If necessary to drive or work with machinery You should take medicine that does not make you drowsy.
- Antihistamines often make mucus thicker than before. If taking antihistamines Then there was more coughing. You should stop taking the medicine immediately.
- Do not take antihistamines together with alcoholic beverages. or with drugs that depress the brain Sedatives, such as sleeping pills and anticonvulsants, because they may result in increased side effects from the drugs.
- Do not take antihistamines with fruit juice. This is because it may affect the absorption of some second-generation antihistamines.
- Hydroxizine medicine Hydroxyzine (Hydroxyzine) has a depressant effect on the brain, so it should not be used in children under 2 years of age because it may cause the child to be stunted and unable to grow taller.
- Group of antihistamines that help reduce mucus dry mucus Should be used only in cases of clear mucus. And should be careful when using it in young children.
- Pregnant and lactating women You shouldn’t take antihistamines yourself. You should consult your doctor or pharmacist to choose the appropriate https://ufabet999.com type and dosage.